Life Size Motorcycle Cake – Go Daddy! [video]Thu, 29 Oct 2009 00:00:00 -0700
Bob Parsons, GoDaddy.com CEO & Founder married Renee LaBelle on Saturday, October 24th at Keswick Hall, VA. Bob loves motorcycles and rides every day (he did a 5,200 mile trip before his bachelors party).
He likes to go BIG (like his Super Bowl commercials), he likes to be edgy, so why not commission a life-size Ducati Groom’s Cake?!
All the specs and more photos after the jump.
Here are some details about the motorcycle cake:
· Modeled after Groom’s Ducati Streetfighter
· Cake was a ‘working motorcycle’ — YES, functional & edible!
· When the bike was “turned on”:
o Motorcycle engine would rev (loud engine sounds)
o Working lights
o Smoking exhaust
· Made of delicious layered, yellow cake
· Almost stole the wedding spotlight
· Took 8 men to lift (weighed around 400 lbs)
· Designed by ‘Ace of Cakes’ Chef/TV Star Duff Goldman
· Set to be featured on the Food Network program in 2010
· Duff & Bob Parsons plan to ride together in 2010
· Duff’s ‘Charm City Cakes’ bakery is in Baltimore — Bob Parsons is from Baltimore
Here are some details about Bob Parsons:
· Owner & Founder of GoDaddy.com
· Joined U.S. Marine Corps during the Vietnam War
Awarded the Combat Action Ribbon, a Vietnamese Cross of Gallantry & a Purple Heart
· Rode one of his motorcycles during an ABC “Nightline” feature this summer
· Loves motorcycles almost as much as his new bride
· Recently went on a 5,200 mile road trip with his Ducati
· Featured riding in Jan/Feb issue of Inc magazine
· To learn more about Bob & see national news coverage about Go Daddy & Ducati, click here
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
By Press Release
See also: Edible Ducati Streetfighter, Ducati Welcomes Sex Pistols Guitarist Steve Jones into the Family, Are these the coolest aftermarket Ducati Streetfighter pipes? .