Personal Thoughts and Info:
I have owned this motorcycle since June 2014; I personally purchased the motorcycle from a local dealer as a brand new product with only 5 miles on the odometer and no modifications made to it. Since purchasing I have used the bike for only four trips, each of which spanned no father than 200 miles there and back; all other travels have been on/off commuting (using maybe once or twice in a week, 8-10 times a month) to and from work, which is no more than 15 minutes from my residence.
I have experienced zero operational issues or faults in the entirety of owning this motorcycle; it accelerates and breaks as quickly as the day I first drove it home; it still continues to be as comfortable and enjoyable to ride as it was day one. I have often made comments saying that "it feels like a recliner on wheels" because of the level of comfort while commuting to and from work.
This motorcycle is in GREAT condition with very low milage. Regular maintenance has been performed and the motorcycle has been stored in covered shelter with tarp as added protection.
Modifications Made Since Purchase:
I have made minimal modifications to the motorcycle since purchasing, but those that I have made are listed below along with the reason for the modification.
- Cobra Slip-On Muffler w/ Scalloped Tip - The stock muffler fave the motorcycle a clean sound, but was a tad on the quiet end in my opinion. For safety reasons I opted to install a Slip-On Muffler to increase the sound; the upgraded muffler made the motorcycle sound throatier and, in my opinion, more noticeable sound (for safety). It is neither too loud nor quiet; you won't blow your passengers ear drums nor get evil looks from the neighbors as you start it up, but you will be hear by drivers which I find to be a great safety aspect.
- Fi200R O2 Fuel Management System - After installing an aftermarket exhaust (slip-on muffler) it can cause backfires; the fuel management system simply compensated for the changes in exhaust flow. Additionally, by managing the fuel/air system I can attest to obtaining MPGs of 48-50.
- Cobra Cruiser Freeway Bars - These were installed simply for safety reasons; protection of my feet and legs from debris & to prevent any potential damage from tip overs (which have never occurred thankfully).
- Eclipse Chrome USB Charging System - Used for charging either a GPS unit or cell phone via either USB port or 12v Charging Socket **Please note, there is some minor rust on the bracket that holds the charging port to the handlebars (see pics); this can easily be cleaned off with a wire brush or the entire unit can be removed. No rust is on the handlebars.
All modifications made to the motorcycle can be easily removed; the stock muffler will be given with the motorcycle upon sale.
Viewing, Purchasing & Pick Up:
- Viewing - If wishing to view, I can work with you to schedule a date and time; all viewings will take place in public areas, such as local police station or post office. Due to liability issues, test drives will only be permitted within the parking area of the location viewing the motorcycle & not on any roadways.
- Purchasing & Pickup - A deposit can be made, but a full payment will be required before the release of title and/or vehicle can be made. Deposits must be made within 24 hours; full payments must be made within 3 days. Full payment can be made via cashiers check, cash, or transfer via PayPal; preference is Cashiers Check. All funds will need to be confirmed before release of the vehicle.
**ANY QUESTIONS CAN BE SENT TO ME VIA EBAY MESSAGING. RESPONSES WILL BE GIVEN WITHIN ONE TO TWO HOURS.
Description from Yamaha Motors Website:
2014 Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer Total Motorcycle Key Features
• The V Star 950 Tourer rolls out with a windshield, leather-wrapped hard sidebags, and a passenger backrest all standard, ready for the open road or the commute to school or work.
• V Star 950 Tourer is the benchmark in the entry cruiser touring class, appealing to seasoned riders as well as those looking for a friendly entry-level cruiser. The air-cooled V-twin delivers plenty of distinctive, big-cruiser character and pulsing torque feel. Seat height is an extra-low 26.6 inches. The full-sized chassis has a long, low look and provides spacious comfort. Handling is sporty and responsive, great for curvy back roads and commuting around town as well as open-highway cruising.
• The 942cc 60° V-twin engine is both simple and sophisticated. Sure, there’s no-fuss air cooling for traditional looks. But inside you’ll find the reason for the surprisingly spirited performance: four-valve cylinder heads, ceramic-composite-lined cylinders, forged aluminum pistons, and fuel injection. The meticulously tuned 2-into-1 exhaust system has a throaty exhaust note, and also 3-way catalyst technology to reduce air pollution.
• The carefully designed chassis contributes to an exceptionally light feeling riders are sure to appreciate. The double-cradle steel main frame offers an ideal rigidity balance in the longitudinal, lateral, and torsional directions, using the engine as a stressed member. With the engine mounting position slightly forward for optimum front-rear weight distribution and its large, 18-inch front wheel, V Star 950 Tourer has outstanding handling performance.
• The V Star 950 Tourer achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 47 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 4.5 gallons of gas.
• Fenders are real steel, front and rear. That adds to the quality look and feel, and makes customization easier.
942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, 60° V-twin produces outstanding low- and mid-range torque - maximum torque is reached at only 3,500 rpm - for exceptional cruising performance and comfort.
Passenger backrest with embossed Star logo provides that extra peace of mind for a passenger. Medium height windshield features chrome accents and a central Star logo that enhances the unit's overall styling. This windshield offers excellent wind and weather protection and can be easily removed with only 4 bolts.