Find or Sell Motorcycles & Scooters in USA

1986 Hond Vf500f Interceptor V4 Vf500 Vfr500 Vf 500 Vfr 500 on 2040-motos

US $1,125.00
YearYear:1986 MileageMileage:24966 ColorColor: Red
Location:

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US
QR code
1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 1

Honda Interceptor photos

1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 2 1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 3 1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 4 1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 5 1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 6 1986 HOND VF500F INTERCEPTOR V4 VF500 VFR500 VF 500 VFR 500, US $1,125.00, image 7

Honda Interceptor tech info

TypeType:Sport Bike Engine Size (cc)Engine Size (cc):500 WarrantyWarranty:Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty For Sale ByFor Sale By:Private Seller VINVIN:JH2PC120XGM203268

Honda Interceptor description

Very nice great running/handling 500 Interceptor!

I am no stranger to the Honda Interceptors having owned, built, modified and maintained all of the first generation V4 bikes and I still own this bike, a modified VF1000F Interceptor and a highly modified VF1000R.

The 500 Interceptor was considered the best handling of the first generation Interceptors! 1986 is considered the more refined of the VF500F as there were design changes to aid torque, cooling, oiling, etc. This bike benefits from all that and runs excellent and is a very sweet little handler!

I just gave it a brand new battery, complete carburetor clean and rebuild, fork seal/fluid replacement, spark plug replacement and oil change. Tires have maybe 400 miles on them. Runs excellent! Handles great! Looks very good but has some scratches and scuffs from its 23-ish years. Seat was recovered a few years ago and still looks good. I also replaced the larger of the two CDI/spark boxes and I will include another working set of both spark boxes you can have for spares.

I have ridden this a bit since the service I just did and it is just a great bike! Smooth, torquey(!) and just so very rideable. Surprising power for "only" a 500! I hate to see it go but circumstances require it. I just like it very much!

If you are local come and see it. Ask any questions you might have as I will be happy to answer all I can.

Payment within 48hrs. Paypal or cash on pickup in person is fine. I will assist in arranging shipping up to prepping the bike, meeting your shipper and making sure they load it. I will not pay for shipping or make the arrangements for you but will assist where I can. Scammers will be sold as slaves!

On Sep-02-13 at 11:51:27 PDT, seller added the following information:

From: atvinstructor11
To: vic2020
Subject: atvinstructor11 has sent a message
Sent Date: Sep-02-13 08:39:04 PDT

Dear vic2020,

This is the only way I could find to ask you about the VF500f Interceptor you have listed. I am looking at it to replace mine as an exact replacement. Mine was totaled a couple weeks ago when I was rear ended. I would like to know where most of the bumps and scrapes are on the bike. I am not able to see them from the photos you have posted.

- atvinstructor11

Hi there,

Thanks for your question.

I am going to post this to the auction in the interest of full disclosure.

You can always go to the auction and click on the "ask a question" link.

Here is a list of some of the things that stand out to me:

The bike has been down on the right side as evidenced by the scrapes on the right side engine cover; one where the clutch is and another where the oil filler cap is. These can be seen in the pictures as the black paint is gone. The oil filler itself is worn down also. The oil filler cap o-ring seals just fine and there are no leaks anywhere though if I keep the bike I would replace the engine cover since I would do a total resto on the bike including a newer cover and I like my bikes just so. The right muffler has some scratches as seen in the pics as silver again probably due to the right side incident. The rear brake lever is scraped on the edge. The right side lower fairing has some scratches. The right mirror also has some scratches, I presume from the same incident. Lever and grips etc are fine without damage.
The tank has some small paint chips and the HRC decals look to be covering the spot where the original tank warning decals were. There is also a stain on the top left of the tank from the fuel filler like if the bike was on the sidestand when it occurred. The paint in general is somewhat faded on the upper fairing, it seems a little flat probably from sun over the past 28 years or so. Again, some mld marks from use over the years but overall very nice.

Again, if I were to keep it I would do a complete restoration including stripping it down completely, refinishing everything, adapting modern suspension/wheels/tires/brakes, change out the exhaust to a custom made header system, etc, but that's just me. I am a bit anal that way and it would cost me several thousand dollars to do it.

Or I`d just use it the way it is!

Moto blog

Honda Reports Q4 2011-2012 Results

Fri, 27 Apr 2012

Honda set a new record for most motorcycles sold in any quarter over the first three months of 2012. The Japanese manufacturer sold 3.456 million motorcycles over the quarter ended March 31, 2012, capping off its 2011-2012 fiscal year. By comparison, Honda sold just 2.934 million units over the same quarter last year.

AMA Supercross: 2012 Indianapolis Results

Mon, 19 Mar 2012

Six more rounds remain in the 2012 AMA Supercross season and the championship is more or less decided. The first third of the season was a thrilling four-man fight for the title. The middle of the season saw contenders drop like flies and now, what looked to be a dramatic battle for the title is shaping up to be a second consecutive AMA Supercross Championship for Ryan Villopoto.

The unseen Honda collection

Thu, 07 Jan 2010

IN AN UMARKED warehouse in Torrance, California, lies a collection of classic Honda cars and motorcycles from the past four decades - most have never been seen by public eyes.The collection was started by a former executive of American Honda, Tom Elliott, Honda USA's executive vice president for sales, John Mendel, tells the New York Times.“The problem was, we kept turning up more and more significant models that we couldn’t let go of,” said Mr. Mendel. We just kept parking them in this warehouse.

Honda Interceptor by State

Honda Interceptor by City

Honda Interceptor by Color